Pictures are worth a thousand words, and can give you a new perspective on things. The pictures on this page are some of the beautiful things I've seen and captured to keep forever

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Don't cry over spilled coffee...

Today I sat down in class with my hot, delicious, medium Starbucks latte (with only 2 sips taken out of it). I get my notebook out and patiently wait for class to start.  A boy came across the row to sit in the empty seat next to me.  On his way he took out my coffee, spilling it all over the seat and the floor, and the girl in front of him....big mess to say the least considering it was pretty much full.   Instantly I bursted into laughter, and to my surprise, not a hint of anger came over me.  I wasn't even angry inside and trying to hide it so he wouldn't feel bad.  I was sincerely not mad.  Then I began to ask why...I had just spent 10 minutes in line to pay 4 dollars for two sips, yet I didn't care that it was wasted.  Was it because I didn't really want it in the first place?  Why did I even buy it?  I've decided that I buy a lot of things that I don't truly need and or want.  Why?  I feel a change in spending habits coming on.